Oversees and performs information technology and facilities support services for the Jackson / Orlando Companies. Develops and implements effective procedures for network operations, internet support, and telecommunications. Responsible for the strategic planning and design of IT systems. Evaluates and recommends resources to expand service levels. Oversees desktop and level 1 support, coordinates activities with other departments, and participates in meetings with senior leadership. Oversees facilities related tasks and owns relationship with associated vendors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of effective IT strategies, policies and services.
· Develops Information Technology objectives, goals, and strategies, which support established company-wide goals.
· Strategic review of existing network systems and makes recommendations for new resources to expand service levels.
· Identifies, evaluates, and recommends new technologies.
· Provides strategic direction for assigned IT projects and ensures that related departments are well supported.
· Provides technical expertise in the planning and design of IT resources.
· Evaluates current system compatibility with network requirements. Stays informed of network and telecommunications requirements and ensures that system support levels are met.
· Manages the procurement, setup, and running of hardware and software for Company needs.
· Records IT solutions and procedures for future reference and problem solving.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with internal clients, Jackson Corporate associates, vendors, and outside contacts.
2. Responsible for related duties as required or assigned, either directly or through delegation.
· Oversees vendor and supplier relationships and negotiates new contracts.
· Addresses facilities related issues and identifies area for improvement.
· Oversees and provides first-line support answering technical questions, analyzing user issues and needs, and providing resolutions to problems.
· Maintains, upgrades, and repairs PCs and peripheral equipment for all desktop systems.
· Loads and verifies software and checks for correct operations.
· Completes hardware and software licensing functions and manages inventory management.
· Add, deletes, and updates user information.
· Reports urgent and critical System Down service requests to senior leadership.
3. Effectively supervises information technology personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
· Provides leadership to IT personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in programs, policies, and procedures.
· Trains, directs, and coordinates personnel. Provides assistance and support as needed.
· Conducts performance appraisals as assigned. Provides measurable feedback to IT staff and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
4. Conducts job duties in accordance with the Corporate Values and Culture
· Others First-Others Before Self
· Wisdom-Do the Wise Thing
· Growth-Keep Getting Better
Experience Required: Four or more years of related experience and four or more years of IT leadership experience.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
FINGER DEXTERITY: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
TALKING: Must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly. Conducts continuous conversations over the phone averaging 4 to 6 hours daily.
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information via telephone and in person. Conducts continuous conversations over the phone averaging 4 to 6 hours daily.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and fingers. Conducts continuous functions on the computer averaging 4 to 6 hours daily.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Frequently required to stand and lift over 50lbs as needed.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two digit numbers; to perform the four basic arithmetic operations with money; to perform operations with units such as inch, foot, and yard; ounce and pound (or their metric counterparts).
LANGUAGE ABILITY:Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5,000-6,000 words; to read at a slow rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation. Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and using adjectives and adverbs. Ability to communicate in complex sentences; using normal word order with present and past tenses; using a good vocabulary.
TECHNOLOGICAL ABILITY:Competent in the use of MS Word and Excel. Be familiar with and have the ability to learn applications including other company applications and systems required by job content.